Hi there! I’m Laura Muñoz, a Freshman from Miami. I’m your Students of Color Perspectives blogger and I’ll write about what it means to be a proud (First-Gen, Feminist) Cubanita here at Brown (the best school on Earth).
Finals season. Two words which send chills down the spine of every college student and makes hearts beat faster. It is dreaded all semester long but it is finally here, and it’s time to face the challenge head-on. Here are my tips to help make the experience a little less painless:
- Make a study schedule- and stick to it!! Not every class needs the same amount of time to study and by making a schedule you can be sure to devote more hours to the most difficult classes.
- If you have papers to turn in, get them out of the way ASAP so you can then devote more time to studying for exams.
- If you have papers and want to have someone look at them at the Writing Center request an appointment a few weeks ahead of time.
- If your professors give you study guides, complete them asap!
- Take 30 minutes to an hour at the end of every day to watch funny videos or a show and destress before bed. This way you’ll get a better night’s sleep!
- Make a motivation playlist to listen to when you think you can’t go on to remember that you can and will get through it.
Best of luck! You got this! And remember, once finals are over you can go home and enjoy the holidays with your family!
If you have any questions, comments, or just want to chat, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Seriously, do. I love talking about Brown. I’m obsessed with this place.) Gracias!